Story Time: Breastfeeding

When I was breastfeeding my little one I did not pump regularly. I only pumped when he was hungry and that was all. I was unaware of the amount of built up milk my breast could hold! One day I woke up and I could not move! My chest was a rock, my head was banging, and I was shivering. It was so bad I could not take care of my, at the time, two week old son. My husband called out of work and had to take over for two days straight. After an appointment with my doctor I was told I had a breast infection due to not pumping enough. I had huge, hard lumps in my breast all over. The doctor prescribed me antibiotics and ordered me try to pump as much as possible. After leaving the office I immediately bought formula! My breastfeeding days had come to an end. The doctor also had said that once you get a breast infection you are more likely to continue to get one. The horror I felt when she said that led to my son being a happy Enfamil baby! Ladies if you breastfeed please pump regularly! Now you have read my breastfeeding story I would like to hear some of yours.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment